Pet Urine Cleaning Services In Norfolk, VA
If you’re dealing with pesky pet urine stains and odors, our team at Carpet Cleaning of Norfolk, VA is here to help. We specialize in pet stain and odor remover services for carpets, rugs, and upholstery. Our carpet cleaning experts have all the right tools and years of knowledge and experience to get your carpets looking like new in no time. Not only that, but having stain free carpets will make your entire home smell fresh. Call Carpet Cleaning of Norfolk today to get a free estimate!
Best Rated Pet Urine Cleaning Services in Norfolk, VA
When you make the decision to hire a professional urine and stain removal service like Carpet Cleaners of Norfolk, we use a variety of the right tools and techniques to remove set in odors and treat stains caused by pet pee. Some of the most common tools and techniques we will use to treat pet stains and odors are carpet shampooing, enzymatic cleaners, and professional strength cleaners. The cleaners we use are environmentally friendly and safe for your family and pets, unlike many of the store bought cleaning products on the market.
Additionally, we will often use special UV light detectors to locate every trace of leftover cat or dog urine deep within the carpet fibers, even if it’s hidden. This ensures that 100% of the odor will be removed from your home. Our professional cleaning services will leave your home with a pleasant scent and visitors won’t even know you have pets in your Norfolk home.
Call Carpet Cleaning of Norfolk today to schedule a free consultation so you can enjoy your home again, free of dog urine or cat urine odor.
Benefits of pet stain and odor removal services
There are several benefits that come along with hiring a professional carpet cleaner for pet stains and odors. Here are a few of the most important benefits:
- Complete removal of all traces of unpleasant odor and stubborn stains on multiple surfaces (upholstery, rugs, and carpets)
- No damage to your carpet fibers or fabrics
- Quick and easy process – it will typically take 30 minutes or less to clean one room
- Long-lasting carpets that won’t need replaced as frequently
- A home that smells fresh and odor-free
How to Prepare Prior to Hiring a Pet Stain & Odor Removal Service
If you’re hiring a professional carpet cleaner, or maybe you’re still debating it, there are a few cleaning methods you can try to help prepare home prior to their arrival. Just remember with any DIY carpet cleaning method, you must do prior research to make sure you’re using the right cleaning methods for the particular fabric you’re treating.
You can try to remove as much of the cat pee or dog pee as possible with at-home cleaners. Always remember to do a spot test first in a hidden area to avoid permanently damaging your carpets or upholstery.
First, you can gently blot the stain with dry paper towels and warm water, and then spray a small amount of diluted hydrogen peroxide or white vinegar onto the spot. Sprinkling baking soda onto the affected area is also a great method, it works great as an odor remover. Don’t forget to wear gloves while using all cleaners when removing pet stains.
Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaning Method
- If you’re using hydrogen peroxide to try and remove pet stains, first mix 4 tablespoons of peroxide and dilute it with 2 tablespoons of warm water. Then, make sure to blot it into the carpet with a paper towel. Blot until the affected area is completely dry.
Baking Soda Cleaning Method
- If you’re using baking soda as an odor remover, first sprinkle the baking soda on the affected area using no more than one cup, then vacuum it up after five to fifteen minutes.
- You should repeat this process to the stained area as many times as necessary as an odor eliminator.
White Vinegar Cleaning Method
- For this method, add one part white vinegar and three parts water to a spray bottle. Then spray the vinegar solution over the stain as an odor remover and for stubborn stains.
- Allow the vinegar to sit on the stain for a few minutes, then use a wet/dry vacuum cleaner to dry the wet spot completely. If you don’t own a wet/dry vacuum, you can blot the affected area with a dry paper towel until the spot is completely dry.
- Always remember to never use a steam cleaner on urine stains since the hot temperature from a steam cleaner will permanently adhere the urine odor to the carpet fibers.
Purchasing Professional Cleaning Agents
- If there is still a stain present after trying DIY stain removal methods, you can always purchase a professional enzymatic cleaner to remove any set in stains. There are many available online or at your local hardware store. Make sure to follow all label instructions carefully, and test in a small hidden area first to avoid damaging your carpet.
Once you have done all that you can to absorb the odors and remove pesky stains, it’s time to call a professional. We will use our professional tools and expertise to get your home smelling and looking brand new again. Your home will smell so good, people won’t even know you’re a pet parent!
What you can Expect During a Professional Pet Urine Removal
Professional carpet cleaners will usually start the cleaning process by pre-treating any areas that are particularly stained. We then will use a variety of the proper equipment and techniques to clean the stain. This can include shampooing, dry cleaning, or an enzyme treatment. After we are done, we often use special ultraviolet light detectors to locate any of the remaining invisible pet stains.
After the experts are done cleaning, you can place a few fans in the cleaned rooms to help your carpets dry quicker. Make sure you avoid walking on your freshly cleaned carpet and don’t allow your pets on the carpet until it’s completely dry. Walking on a freshly cleaned wet carpet can cause it to attract dirt and re-soil almost immediately.
If you’ve had your carpets professionally cleaned, but you still smell strong cat urine or dog urine smells, you may need to have your carpets professionally deodorized. This is a specialized service that isn’t always included in standard carpet cleaning packages, so be sure to ask about it beforehand during your consultation!
get in touch with carpet cleaning of norfolk!
If you have cat urine or dog urine that is not extracted in a timely manner, it will begin to oxidize and react with your rug or carpet. This creates a color change resulting in a tough stain on your rug. Waiting too long to extract the dried dog urine or cat urine can result in permanent stains.
Additionally, if urine gets on certain types of upholstery or carpet, it can transform the dye structure over time, resulting in permanent fabric discoloration. Sometimes, the dye structure could have already been damaged by previously removing the soluble build-up.
In order to get rid of long-standing stains and pet odors, Carpet Cleaning of Norfolk, VA follows a step-by-step process to give you the best results in the area.
If you have questions about our pet stain removal services, or if you would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us today!
Carpet cleaning of Norfolk’s top priority is providing the best possible experience for our customers. We know how important it is to have a clean, odor free home. We are committed to providing the best possible service.
Get a Free Quote Now !
How To Keep Pet Accidents From Staining Your Carpet
It is possible to avoid pet stains on carpets, rugs, and upholstery by catching the accident as soon as it happens. If you catch the pet pee prior to it soaking into the underlying carpet pad and foundation. If you do catch an accident while it is still wet, always blot the wet spot from the outermost edge to the middle. Wiping the spot will do further damage by spreading the mess and not properly absorbing the liquid.
Just remember, calling a professional pet stain and odor removal service is oftentimes the best option for many homeowners. Our professionals will safely and effectively clean your carpets with years knowledge and expertise.